Thursday, February 19, 2009

adrenaline fire


this picture is from the apartment mentioned below. aw, the lonely times of living on my own in boston...

originally posted on myspace May 10, 2007

FIRE!
that's what i woke up to this morning. about an hour and a half ago (4:30am), i was in deep sleep but the sound of crackling pulled me out of some dream. i got out of bed and looked out my window and saw what looked like the flicker of a campfire reflecting on the wall of the nextdoor building. in my dreamy, non-glasses-wearing stupor, i couldn't quite make sense of it all. it wasn't until the person across the way screamed "FIRE!" that i grabbed my glasses and went out into my little patio space and saw the top of the building next door completely engulfed in flames. adrenaline kicked in, somehow i managed to grab the footage from my master's project (which may seem trivial, but dang, that's my life right now) and ran out the door into 6 fire engines lining the street. luckily, the flames didn't jump buildings seeing as here in boston all the brownstones are built continuously, sharing walls. i sat on the street for about 45 minutes praying that everyone got out safely. we have all since been let back into our apartments. i am completely wired. my stomach hurts, i think from the chemicals that surged through my body in that moment of realization. crazy morning. i hope that each of your mornings are calm and enjoyable. love and lots of water...MM

1 comment:

Miss Crys said...

i can't believe you had to go through that...i can't believe i am barely reading it!!!